Thursday, May 24, 2012

Flower Cupcakes

Cupcakes. My new love. 


The above cupcakes are quite easy to make. I wanted the flowers to be separate pieces, so I made those three days ahead so they were nice and hard.  



I used the same butter cream recipe as I did for Elmo, for these pinwheel or swirled flowers.
Using tip # 2D, keep your bag straight (90 degree angle), lightly touching the surface, squeeze lightly and turn a fourth of a turn while squeezing. Stop squeezing then lift away.  Use tip #3 to make the dot in the center. 
Do this on a piece of wax paper and place in the fridge for at least 24 hours for it to harden. 

Starting from the outside of the cupcake, with tip #1M , swirl inward toward the center.

Place your flower(s) on the cupcake then make leaves using tip #352. I personally feel the stand up leaf looks best on these. When using this tip you always want to hold it like a birds beak! 


 And you're finished!
It's quite easy, yet so beautiful.


As you can see, I made a lot that day...







Until Next Time, Happy Baking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment