Monday, May 21, 2012

Cupcake Cake

So I started Wilton cake decorating classes at AC Moore and I'm loving it! I never knew how to do any of this, but I have learned so much from these classes and it's just once a week! Given, I have been practicing plenty. Any opportunity I get to bake a cake or decorate some cupcakes, I grab it! 

So with my newly found love for cupcakes, what better combo than cupcake and cake?? 

This is one of the coolest techniques I learned within the first month. Take any picture you want for your cake, print it out on a sheet of paper (or draw it) and trace the backside (not the ink side) with writing gel.

Once you have the picture in writing gel, flip the paper on to the top of the cake (writing gel side onto cake)

Brush over the paper with a paintbrush. Ever so carefully pull off and vwala! 

You have your outline which you just fill in with icing!






In my next posts, I'll try to give as many details as possible. Such as tip numbers and types of cakes and filling I use. This way if you want to try, you have the details! 

Until then, happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment