Friday, May 25, 2012

School Cake

My next project was for the weatherman that was visiting the school that I used to work at. 
I managed to fit the school name and a 'weather symbol' (partly cloudy) on the top of the cake.




This particular cake was a white cake with an orange jam filling to give it a slightly citrusy taste. 
I chose to color the butter cream blue to give it an illusion of the sky.
*It's usually easier to frost the cake while it's on a turn table!*



I like having an outline to work with, so I used the same gel outline as before to do the sun and cloud. Used tip #18 and did mini-stars to fill them in.



For the writing, it was a little trickier because you have to trace the letters backwards! 
I chose to use clear gel on the outline as well as the letters so you do not see it on the cake. 
Then I did the squiggly tree with the standing leaves (LOVE making leaves!!)....


I thought of using tip #12 to do a cloud like border to fit the theme


Did the same concept as with the Elmo cake...


Using tip #12 did more clouds around the outside and there it is!


Finished project :)


Until Next Time, Happy Baking!

1 comment: